WELL-DESIGNED ROOMS OFFER FLEXIBILITY AND COMFORT
HELPFUL TIPS TO KEEP IN MIND
- Use lighting to define spaces within a room. A chandelier over a dining room table, a wall sconce next to a reading chair, or bedside lamps around a bed can create zones within a room.
- Storage is everything. To keep your space from looking cluttered, invest in furniture with storage for smaller items.
- Don’t overlook vertical space. If you have tall ceilings, think about how you can use vertical space for storing anything from books to a media center.
- Think multi-functional or fold-away furniture. Folding chairs or a murphy bed can be easily put away when not in use, or a large computer screen could double as a TV.
INTERESTING ROOM IDEAS
When using your creativity, the ideas for interesting, multi-functional rooms are endless:
- A tub in your bedroom: By properly distancing the tub from the bed, you can pull off this look.
- A music corner in your living or dining room: Downsizing your furniture can create space for playing your favorite musical instrument.
- Your child’s playroom in the bedroom: With plenty of storage, you can keep the bedroom neat and organized when it’s time to sleep.